Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Swiss Oven Omelet

I used a little less onion because I was running low.  And I used white instead of red because that's what I already had.  I also added 3 strips of torn up leftover turkey bacon.  We also think it might possibly be better without the sugar, but it was definitely good the way it was!
2 cups chopped red onion
2 tsp. sugar
1 T. oil
2 tsp. yellow mustard or dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
6 eggs
1/4 C. water
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 C. shredded swiss cheese

In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, cook and stir onion and sugar in oil over medium heat to desired tenderness.  Add mustard and thyme.  Remove from heat and set aside.  In a small bowl, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper.  Pour into skillet.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.  Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Top with remaining cheese.  Cut into wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment