Monday, August 16, 2010

Laure's Yummy Lunch

A friend of mine sent this one to me and we all thought it was delicious.  Well..... except my oldest who has randomly decided he hates beans, rice, and tomatoes.  So many substitution possibilities with this!  I used some garbanzo beans I had in the freezer instead of the others, leftover sweet corn cut from the cob, and fresh tomatoes instead of canned, and added some shredded cheddar cheese.  My husband and I ate the leftovers with tortilla chips!

1/2 lb. Ground meat
1 can Pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can (14.5oz) Mexican style stewed tomatoes
2 Zucchini cut into chunks
1 cup Corn - fresh or frozen
1 cup Salsa
2 tsp Chili powder (i make my own with cumin, paprika and garlic powders)
3 cups Cooked rice

Brown meat and add into crockpot with all other ingredients.  Cook on low for at least 4 hours.  Serve on beds of lettuce or wrapped up in a soft taco shell with cheese and sourcream or by itself in a bowl with some salsa and ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment