Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pepperoni Stromboli


I couldn't find bread dough anywhere so I used pizza dough I found in rounds in the freezer section.  And I used some tiny pepperonis I had leftover.  That seemed to work nicely.

2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
1/2 C. spaghetti or pizza sauce
1/2 tsp. oregano
4 oz. sliced pepperoni
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 C. grated parmesan cheese

On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf into a 20"x8" rectangle.  Place one rectangle on a greased baking sheet.  Spread sauce in an 18"x4" strip down the center.  Sprinkle with oregano, pepperoni, and mozzarella.  Fold long sides of dough up toward filling and set aside.  Cut the remaining dough rectangle into three strips.  Loosely braid the strips and pinch ends to seal.  Place braid on top of cheese and pinch to seal.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment