Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie with Herb Crust

3 C. cooked and cut up chicken
1 bag (1 lb.) frozen mixed vegetables
2 cans cream soup
1 can (or 10 ½ oz.) chicken broth
2 C. Bisquick
1 ½ C. milk
½ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. dried sage

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat chicken, vegetables, soup, and broth in a pot, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Spread in ungreased 9x13 dish. Stir remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over soup mixture. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Tricks & Ideas
-I cut everything in half and used an 8x8 dish.
-When I poured the Bisquick mixture on, it kind of sunk into the soup mixture.  But it did end up on top after baking!
-The first time I made this I didn’t have quite enough chicken so I added a little crumbled up bacon and some garbanzo beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment